Susan Gulka is an Individual and Family Therapist, registered with the state of Oregon, specializing in youth ages 4-18, women, parents, couples, and family therapy. She maintains a private practice in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
As a graduate of George Fox University with a Masters of Arts in Marriage, Couples, and Family Counseling, she is currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients facing issues around family development, including childhood behavioral issues such as ADHD, anxiety, trauma, and grief, as well as teen development, anxiety, and social pressure. Susan also works with parents in how to support children and still maintain structure in the family, and has a special affinity to helping women and moms work through the various transitions in their lives. Couplehood is an important part of family life and Susan is committed to helping couples and partners develop a strong relationship, resolve conflict, and face the deeper issues that may be keeping them from a healthy and fulfilling relationship.
Susan has developed a specialty in Play Therapy, which allows for children under the age of 9 to use play as an expression of words and emotions that developmentally, they might not be able to articulate on their own.
Susan is an interactive, collaborative, and experiential therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Susan is a member of the Association for Marriage and Family Therapists, the Oregon Counseling Association, the Association for Play Therapy, and the Oregon Association for Play Therapy.
For individual, couples, and families, I provide the following:.
- Women's Counseling for Life Management, Anxiety, Parenting, Relationships
- (Pre)Teen Counseling for Stress, Identity development, Anxiety, ADHD, Giftedness, and Social issues
- Child Play Therapy for Behavior, Grief, Trauma, Anxiety, Divorce, Sensory Issues
- Family Counseling for Communication, Family patterns, Behavior, Parenting
- Couples Counseling for Conflict, Communication, Intimacy, Lifetime Relationship buidling, Premarital counseling
- Parenting Support for all age children
- Skill Building for ADHD executive function challenges, social skills, emotional regulation
- Stress Management
- Christian Counseling if requested